Sunday 2 November 2008

Employees declaration and apparent consent to the VWA obtaining medical information and clinical review processes with treating doctors

Here is a direct quote from the VWA's claim form. I do not see any medical
consent mentioned or included here so why are the VWA claiming that
injured workers are giving consent to the obtaining of medical records via
this declaration?

"I have read the information provided in this form. I declare that the information
I have supplied in this form, and any attachment to this form, is true and correct and
that no information has been suppressed or omitted from this report to the best of
my knowledge. I understand that the making of a false or misleading statement
concerning a claim is punishable by law and that I may be prosecuted".

No mention of the VWA being given access to medical info here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They must prosecuted then for bridging privacy law.